Sunday, December 21, 2008

Another bailout

I suppose several of the other recent blogs on this site have touched on the topic of the new auto industry bailout. But I believe that this topic is something that is very important. This topic seems to be one of those topics that everyone has their own opinion about, but I think this second bailout has its own importance. These two big auto makers are an integral part of the US economy. Their downfall would be a huge moral blow to our stock market.

Although I opposed the idea of another bailout, I think it was needed in this particular instance. I hope that a second bailout does not lead to more government aid. But maybe if more bailouts keep coming, I ought to start a business and run it into the ground, and let the government hand over some money to help me with my bad investment.

No comments: